JECKLIN & CO AG
For over a hundred years, the Jecklin Music Center has been part of Zurich’s cultural life. Embark on a journey into the Zurich past. A time when there was neither radio nor television.
January 11, 1895: Peter Jecklin records his first piano sales in a small, blue milk book.
The Jecklin Piano House is located at Hirschengraben. Shortly afterwards the Pfauenhaus Ecke Rämistrasse 30 / Zeltweg 2 will be taken over.
The two sons Hans and Peter Jecklin take over the company.
1922: Opening of a Jecklin branch in Davos.
1922: Wilhelm Backhaus plays the first public concerto organized by the Pianohaus. Others follow with artists such as Cortot, Casadeus, Erdmann, Paderewski, Heifetz, Gieseking.
Contact Gustavo de Freitas
Tel +41 44 253 76 30
Fax+41 44 253 7613