He was born in Cremona in 1976. He graduated at the International School of Violinmaking in 1994, under the guidance of master Giorgio Scolari . Until 1997, he dedicated himself in improving his style and techniques in master Marco Nolli workshop.
Now he is working in his laboratory in Cremona.
He has taken part in some competitions:
– 1992 honorable mentions at the Bagnacavallo competition;
– 1993 “Foschi” prize at the Baveno competition;
– 1996 special mentions at the Bagnacavallo competition;
– 1997 “Conia” prize at the Baveno competition;
– 1998 special mentions at the Moscow competition;
– 2000 international competition “Antonio Stradivari” Cremona.
His instruments are made following the classic cremonese models;
In his works, he usually uses a brillant and trasparent varnish, and also chooses selected tools and he pays great attention to the tonal qualities.