In 1952 the company was founded in Bubenreuth by Heinrich Gill to distribute classical and traditional musical instruments. The company grew bigger and soon became quite successful. The first international business relations were set up during that time.
In addition to string instruments and accessories, the program also included accordions, recorders and a lot of other related goods. The small family company developed into a well known and established wholesale enterprise. The export of musical instruments was already an important part of the business.
In 1990, the company was sold to the violin maker Bernd Dimbath. New strategies for the future were set up and a new corporate structure was introduced. From this point onwards the sales activities were reduced to the violin family only, focusing on the violin makers´ highest requirements. The names of many important violin makers of the Bubenreuth region were listed and shown in the catalogue of Heinrich Gill.