J P GUIVIER & CO LTD
J P Guivier & Co is one of Britain’s foremost violin dealers and restorers, although the founder, a Frenchman named Jean Prosper Guivier, originally established the company in 1863 to manufacture strings. On his death in 1870 the business was based at Golden Square, just off London’s fashionable Regent Street. Passing into English ownership it was purchased by a Mrs Cohn, formerly Miss Hawkes of the company Hawkes & Son, later to become Boosey & Hawkes. Under her guidance and leadership the business expanded and grew to include the sale and restoration of violins and bows, thus instigating the move to larger premises at 2 Great Marlborough Street.
Contact Richard White or Robin Hamilton
Tel +44 20 7580 2560
Fax +44 20 74361461