La Maison Bernard was founded by Nicolas Bernard and his brother Victor in Liège in 1868, and initially specialised in the manufacture and selling of pianos. The Bernards worked in Liège, Paris and Brussels.
André Bernard (1869-1959) succeeded his father Nicolas and turned to violin- and bow-making. He trained at Gand et Bernardel from 1886 to 1889, at the same time as Eugène Sartory, who both taught him bow-making and became his friend.
Back in Liège, André Bernard began to manufacture violins, violas, cellos and even double basses.
Rue Ernest Allard 38, BRUSSELS, 1000, Belgium
Contact J Strick or P Guillaume
Tel +32 2 514 18 71
Fax+32 2 514 45 69