Marcello Villa was born in Monza in 1965, and lives and works in Cremona. He began studing the violin when he was twelve, later enrolling in th International School of Violin-making in Cremona.
He graduated in 1983 under the guidance of Giorgio Scolari and Stefano Conia, obtaining the highest possible merit in his final year, a scholarship from the Walter Stauffer Foundation.
Apprenticing in the prestigious shop of Stefano Conia, he was able to broaden his experience and soon began to participate in violin making competitions, receiving his first awards.
Eventually, Marcello Villa was awarded the following prizes:
– finalist in the Poznan Competition (1986)
– gold medal at the Bagnacavallo Young Violinmaker’s Competition (1986)
– gold medal at the Baveno Competition (1987)
– gold medal for the quartet presented in the Bagnacavallo Violinmaking Exposition (1990)
– silver medal at the 6th Violinmaking Triennal in Cremona (1991)
– two gold medals for violin and cello in the Bagnacavallo Exposition (1992).
Marcello Villa makes violins, violas and cellos, particularly favouring Stradivarian models.
Via S Giuseppe 13, CREMONA, 26100, Italy
Contact Marcello Villa
Tel/fax +39 0372 35680