The tradition of the Finkel-Weidhaas bows started in the 19thcentury with Ewald Weidhaas (1869 – 1939). Weidhaas manufactured his bows in the city of Markneukirchen. We know less about him than about his son Paul (1894 – 1962). Paul worked for V. Fetique in Paris, in Leipzig with L.C.A Bausch and Möller in Amsterdam. He took over his fathers wokshop (Ewald’s). Shortly after the end of Worldwar II his daughter Hanna Weidhaas fell in love with Siegfried Finkel (1927 – 2010). Siegfried started an apprenticeship with his father- in- law. When communism begun in Markneukirchen Siegfried Finkel moved due to the advice of his father- in- law with his wife and their son Johannes (1947) to Brienz /Switzerland, where he started his own business (1952).